WEEK 2

Wednesday 

5th Dec 2018

Until now I always woke up at 7:30, but this time I've tried to wake up half an hour earlier to even meditate at the morning and it worked. I'm proud of me :) Now it counts to one of the things I'm doing in my morning routine.

Also, we got a message from our supervisor. The classmember that lives in the hostfamily has issues with his family, so he'll come to us in the next few days.

When I arrived at work, I did a little IT Stuff and got picked up by a colleague, we drove to clients and did even more IT Stuff. My workday ended at 17:30 and then I was driven home.

At home I cleaned the flat, cooked Spaghetti and read a few sites out of a book in english out loud. I do that to enhance my pronunciation and it feels like it works.

Some time later Julian came home. We were talking a little bit, then I went to Thaiboxing from 19:00 - 21:00. 

When I was home again I was watching a very interesting TedTalk on YouTube about a different view on failures, also talked with Julian a little bit. Then he went to bed.

The last hour of the day I read another book,- this time it was a german one but it actually has the same topic so it's not confusing to read different books simultaneously - then took a shower, meditated and went to bed.


Thursday
6th Dec 2018

This time it was somehow confusing when I woke up. My alarm clock rang in a total different sound and way earlier than usual, until I realized that someone rang at our door. It was the front door so I had to open it via button, but I never did that before. It took me very long to figure out how that works. Ironically it was an electrician that wanted to repair our elevator, but why he didn't have a key for our house, I asked myself. But I was too sleepy so I didn't care.

After this unusual morning I did my whole morning routine, baked my rolls and went to work. Because I have really little to do at work (I need to talk to my boss because of that, seriously), I'm able to do personal stuff like reading books or articles and watch worthwhile videos. This time I had an amazing insight due to a book in terms of my inner work. I think it will help me alot to come forward.

My work ended at 13:00, so I walked home, went into a massage store to ask for the price, but 40 Euro is sadly to expensive for me :(. Right after that, I went to Lidl and bought some groceries. When I came home I did nothing than watching unnecessary videos on YouTube for a hour or so.

Then I went jogging. In this way I do something for my health and am able to explore this island a little bit more. After that I shaved my head (yea, basically the whole head) and took a shower.

Because I don't want to waste my time by sitting around and doing nothing, I thought about going outside and meditate at a good place. Ok well, THAT was absolutely ironic. I walked around some time and found a very nice wall right infront of a highway with a 10 meter deep hillside. When I jumped on the wall it was really shocking because I didn't know that. 
I thought that could be a very good place to meditate, so I sat down and closed my eyes. You should know that meditating isn't a thing where you feel good and relaxed all the time. It's actually just about feel what happens inside of you, without rejecting it. 
When I closed my eyes and sat on this wall I had really huge trust issues in humans. Even a kid could just come right behind me and push me down this hillside, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even here the steps they make because the cars were too loud.
But that was the best opportunity to meditate. In absolute fear and uncertainty. 
I mean, why should someone come and kill me? I knew it was absolute unlikely, but still I felt like it could happen. Anyway, after the first 5 minutes my feelings went back to normal, and I came into a relaxed state. I overcame my fears in that particular situation. That was a great feeling though.

I went back home and watched a video with Julian. Also we had some Jägermeister left, so.. you know what happened next. It wasn't very much, just one shot per person. Right after we bought a beer and drank that to. Directly after that we picked up our new flatmate Lennart and brought him to our home.

I made myself ready for bed, meditated once again and went to bed.


Friday
7th Dec 2018

Like everyday I woke up, took a shower and did my morning routine. But yesterday evening I figured something out while watching a TedTalk about the same thing. Everyday I walk approximately 30 minutes to work and 10 minutes to Thaiboxing. I do Thaiboxing 4x a week and work also 4x. That would be a total of  round about 5 hours per week that are actually wasted. So I bought a audiobook in english about the similar topic than the other two that I'm reading and hit two birds with one stone: I can work at my mental state and at my english aswell. Thats awesome. Now it's just about to hold this habit in my daily life.

And like I said, I talked to my boss and found out why they didn't take me to most of the clients: my clothes. I need to wear Shirts, Jackets, and suit shoes, not pullovers and streetshoes. And so I worked this day the first time until 18:00 and came home later than Julian! A miracle!

This time I was really exhausted from work, so I watched a few funny videos with Julian and ate a little bit. But I said to myself that I'll go to Thaiboxing anyway, because I'm here for a reason. So I went to Thaiboxing, and it was an absolute great idea. This time it was just a circle training, but a really intensive one. After the training I was totally energized and had two longer conversations with two people from there. 

I went back home, talked a little bit with Julian, then he went into his room. Then Lennart came home. I should mention that his working times are a bit unregulary, he works from 13:00 to 21:00. I talked also a bit with him, then we both went into our rooms.

I took a shower, meditated and went to bed.


Saturday
8th Dec 2018

I woke up, did my morning routine and went directly after breakfast to Thaiboxing. This time we were less people, round about 8, but the first time we were more women than men. That's obviously something good.. somehow.

When I came back home I took a shower and went with Julian outside. We walked around, bought stuff like groceries and so. I bought myself suit shoes for my job, so that I can come with to every client and can finally work, jesus.

We came home at 3 P.M. I cooked food, ate it and did nothing 'till 6 p.m., except writing at this blog.
  Hello! Right now I'am actually writing in the present, but I'll continue in using the past form after that sentence, because I said that I write for every Saturday aswell, but I would be to lazy to do it tomorrow, escpecially when I drink alcohol and risk a hangover.
After that I meditated one last time and drank a little bit with my flatmate Julian. We stayed up very long, watched UFC, had fun etc. and so on. Alcohol stuff, you know. Then I went to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts