WEEK 7

Hey,

70% of our actual time here on Malta is already over and I need to say that it really didn't feel that long. Only three more weeks to go, wow.

I don't miss Germany, but nevertheless I'm glad to be back soon. Simultaneously I also love it here on Malta because it's still so different and new here in comparison to Germany, yet I won't miss this island neither.

Since my work started again it's absolutely easy to not get bored and to occupy myself. I love it to have so much time for my self as well as meeting new people at the weekend or try to build connection to my colleagues and the people in my sport.

In terms of work things changed quite a bit. Usually I  did nothing else than drive to clients with one of my colleagues and repair stuff at those. Now I even have something to do at our company. Thursday and Friday I've got the task to work at our data bank that saves information about our clients. Actually it was a boring and repetitive job that didn't acquire higher cognitive skills. I was checking and completing things like addresses, telephone numbers and company's websites for almost 16 hours, but it was indeed satisfying. It felt like a state about which I've read called "flow".

Our weekend was also really nice. We wen't to the neighbor island Gozo. We got driven by a ferry and explored the island a little. Maybe we go back again because we didn't see that much. In the evening we even went into a bar and drank a few beers. Indeed just a few! Meanwhile Tobias is an inveterate part of the group even though he still lacks a bit of speaking and understanding english. That's no problem at all, particularly because I've also struggled the first two weeks very hard. However, every time Julian and I correct him gently he's like: "Ohh ja hmm is okay jaa..". Seems like he doesn't like that, but that's the best way he'll learn it.

Sometimes I get a bit philosophical and think about the perception and feelings or impressions from each of us at this time on the island and come to an interesting conclusion. Actually we are all in the same flat, got the same start conditions and have technically the same life. Still we all interpret this journey differently, you can see that clearly in each of ours behavior and especially in the way we write our Blog.

For Julian most things in our flat are depressive and sad, loves his work and hates free time, while I'm pleased about almost everything but my work, haha :D. It's hard to say something about Tobias, due he's here since only one week. Lennart seems to have a hard time, is mostly staying in his room. Unhappily we can't do much for him. Still I try my best to raise his mood if I have the chance.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the next three weeks and expect mostly good stuff. In three days we are able to do the second English test that checks our development, but I'll wait 3 more weeks to absolve it.

I wish every of my readers a good day!




Comments

Popular Posts