WEEK 8

The eighth week was mostly calm and quiet but full of thinking and learning.

Since I'm here in Malta I have, like I said, so much free time which I can use for myself and think about my live. This week I thought about my goals. I know what I want to achieve, but which small or big steps ought to I take to get there? Now I know and I even planned on how to achieve them, that's great!


I've also ordered two books last week, which arrived a few days ago at EasySchoolOfLanguage. I went there and asked for my packed and the whole office laughed and said: "Aahhh, so it was yours! The mystery of the anonymous packed is solved!".


One book is in English and is about social interactions, especially the field "How to deal with people". The second one is about love-relationships and different types of humans, written in German. I read all the way through the German one already and the insights of that book were amazing, really. It was a true mind-opener and tempted me so badly, that I read the whole 300 sites in a few hours. You don't just get deep understanding about yourself and how you work being in love, but about your partner's mind as well.

The second book is also enormously interesting and important in order to go well in life, especially in terms of basic relationships as well as making career. Yet I apparently can't read it fluently and in the same speed I read the German book, which was really frustrating at the beginning. The reason is quit simple - it is in English. But really hard English. In fact so hard, that I don't get anything, unless I take a pen and a translator and work through it. Approximately 10 words per site are unknown to me, so I now have the goal to work through it and correct everything I don't get. It's really hard work but it will pay off immensely, I'm absolutely persuaded.

Just to give you a feeling of what I mean - Whereas I've read the German book, which had not just bigger sites but also 300 of them, in 5-6 hours all the way through, it took me meanwhile roughly about 10 hours to translate the first 27 sites of the English one! But since I want to read it more than once, it's fine and totally worth it, even when you only consider the amount of new words I learn.

At the weekend we blundered around and went into a Restaurant in which we ate and drank a little. The day after we had the idea to breakfast in another restaurant, so we did. Because I stayed up very long due I was reading, I was the last one that woke up. The way I did was absolutely beautiful! Julian my lovely flatmate spilled cold water over me, which was pretty unpleasant but bearable.

Comments

Popular Posts