WEEK 9

Septem numero nōnus. This week happened some really gorgeous stuff, e.g. I met a woman! But more about that later.

At first, I came a little bit further in deciphering one of my books that's written in English. I'm already at page 58 after some more hours of working with it.


I realized that I'm genuinely interested in learning English right now, yet I'm back in Berlin in one week, that's quite sad. And even though I can and will persist in reading and decoding books in English, I won't become much better in speaking it. In order to become better in speaking a language, you must create it by your own. Language understanding and the production of language gets processed in different brain regions, which leads to the result, that you can only increase your vocabulary by producing it either in spoken or written form. By virtue of that fact, I've created something similar to a Blog in private, where I summarize all the knowledge of my tomes or reflect over the past days and weeks, naturally everything in English, to not just receive the language but also produce it. 

At work I went to clients/customers with different colleagues this time. Normally I always drove with the same colleague but this time I even drove with someone else. The one day was really exhausting. Regularly we are working from 9 am to 6 pm, but this one day we even worked until 10 pm. We had one issue after another and after we solved the first one, another encountered us. Because we aren't allowed to stay at a foreign office alone, some of the workers of that company needed to stay in order to supervise us. The whole situation was really tensed and at some point a costumer and the boss literally exploded. I tried to call them down by saying that stress will just prolong the time we need to fix the issue, but it was almost impossible. Indeed, I was quite impressed how my colleague coped with those attacks. He stayed absolutely calm, even though he was in charge of the miserable situation. Due to his calmness he brought our customers to discharge their feelings with the result, that they went back normal very quickly.

Last but not least, I met a women! A beautiful women! Her name is Thais, she's from Brazil and 25 years old. Technically she's from my Thai-Boxing class, she registered herself two weeks ago. One week ago we trained together and were talking a little bit. At some point we went home together, were talking even more and exchanged our phone numbers. I'm not really sure if she's as interested as I am, but we agreed to meet at Friday night. I'm really unfortunate to have met her now, in the last week of my trip, but at least I met her in the first place right? We will see how it goes, and maybe, in an undefined future, something arises from it.


Comments

Popular Posts